CFHS code : CL103

Parish : St Clement

Monument :

Inscription :

Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey

Moule kerb stones December 2018

Monument

Located in the parish area of St Clement, these kerb stones and flower holders, are in the east corner where the east path meets the east/west path to the centre circle.

Inscription

Arthur Henry Moule (1876 – 9 April 1944)

Arthur was the son of William Golding Moule (1849-1877) and Agnes Ann (née Dew) (1849-1881). Both his parents died when he was a child and he was then raised by his grandmother Eliza Dew at 2 St. Peter’s Street (1891).  Aged 14 he was working as an errand boy and in 1899 married Ellen Mary Bellamy (1876-1959) in Bedford.  The couple had two children: Agnes Gertrude Elizabeth (1900-1996) and Frederick Arthur (1901-1976) and lived at 108a York Street (1901) and then 79 Gwydir Street (at least 1911 onwards).  Arthur worked as a labourer, a furniture porter and by 1939 was documented as being a furniture repairer. He died aged 67 years old.

His widow Ellen returned to live in Bedfordshire, and died in Biggleswade in 1959.

Source:

Ancestry

by Claire Martinsen

[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]

Arthur Henry Moule