This monument was not recorded by CFHS during their survey.
This headstone in the parish of St Paul row 8 grave 32, is located on the edge of the western path. The inscription is now badly eroded and the names can be read only when the sun shines on them at the right angle.
Mary Austin Barrow (née Wetenhall) (29 May 1804 – 11 April 1880)
Mary was the daughter of Thomas and Sarah and was baptised in Cambridge on 3 June 1804. She married John Barrow at Holy Sepulchre Church (also known as the Round Church) on 13 May 1824 and they had one daughter: Maria (1830-1933). John worked as a college servant (1851) and later as a coal merchant. The family lived at 22 Rose Crescent (1851) and then 6 Downing Terrace (at least 1861 onwards). Mary died at home and was buried on 15 April 1880.
John Barrow (1804 – 6 January 1882)
John was the son of Edward and Mary (née Hunt) and was baptised in Cambridge on 18 March 1804. After Mary’s death he lived at Downing Terrace with widowed daughter Maria and granddaughter Louise (1881). He died at home and his funeral took place on 11 January.
Parish burial records
by Mary Naylor and Claire Martinsen
[If you have any information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]