CFHS code : CL115
Parish : St Clement
Inscription : Here sleeps HAROLD WILLIAM BAUSOR beloved husband of EMMA FLORENCE BAUSOR d 28 Jan 1932 age 51 also his wife EMMA FLORENCE d 29 June 1949 age 78
Monument : Coped stone
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.202393, 0.13841221 – click here for location
The monument is located 1 row west of the east path and a few metres south of the path that runs from the centre circle
‘Here sleeps HAROLD WILLIAM BAUSOR
beloved husband of EMMA FLORENCE BAUSOR
Who passed over on January 28th 1932 aged 54 years.’
“A truer, nobler heart never beat within a human breast.”
“Also his wife EMMA FLORENCE died 29 June 1949 age 78 years,’
Harold William Bausor (1877 – 28 January 1932)
William was born in Maldon, Essex, and was the son of accountant Henry Bausor and his wife Elizabeth. By the time Harold was 13 years old  his family had moved to Nottingham. He went to school at Nottingham High, and then to Clare College, Cambridge. He got his BA in the Natural Science Tripos [1st Class] in 1898 and his MA in 1903. He was a demonstrator in the University Chemistry Laboratory, and then later a tutor at the University Correspondence College in Cambridge. In the census of 1901 he was living in Mary Freeman’s Lodging House at 7 Sussex Street. He was still resident there when he married Emma Haase in 1905 aged 28 years old. Harold was living at 19 Tenison Avenue when he died at the Devonshire Nursing Home on Devonshire Road.
Emma Florence Bausor [nee Haase] (13 December 1870 – 29 June 1949)
Emma Florence was the only child of Martha (née Sabberton) and James Alfred Haase, and appears to have been known as Queenie throughout her life. She was born in Islington. She appears on the 1871 census aged 4 months old living at 12 Cross Street, with her mother and leather seller father. Her mother Martha died when she was 5 months old. She appears to have grown up in Cambridge, with her mother’s sisters Mary Ann and Harriet Sabberton. She was in at 5 Bridge Street in 1881 and Brunswick Walk in 1891 & 1901. After the death of her Aunt Mary Ann in 1903 she married Harold Bausor at St Matthew’s Church in Brixton on 15th December 1905.
The couple lived at 4St Barnabas Road, 20 Station Road and 97 Tenison Road and do not appear to have had any children. William worked as a science tutor. She was widowed aged 61 years old, and continued to live at Lynfield, 19 Tenison Avenue. She died there in 1949 aged 78 years old.
[If you have any further information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com
By Mary Naylor and Claire Martinsen
Find My Past
CFHS transcripts of parish & census records