Mill Road Cemetery is a nine-acre site that lies between Mill Road and Norfolk Street. The site was purchased in 1847 for use by the following thirteen parishes as extensions to their already over crowded graveyards.
The site is listed grade II on the English Heritage Register of Parks, Gardens and cemeteries and has a number of listed monuments. It is also a designated City Wildlife Site.
The registers of the cemetery are deposited at Cambridgeshire Archives.
The cemetery is held in trust by the trustees (incumbents of the thirteen parishes) and maintained by Cambridge City Council in collaboration with the trustees and Friends of Mill Road Cemetery.
There are no new graves available at Mill Road Cemetery.
For more information about Cambridge City Council, click here.