CFHS code : AL260
Parish : St Andrew the Less
Inscription : Sacred to the Memory of CLARA NASH COWARD 7th Aug 1863 _ 27th Feb 1939 THOMAS COWARD 11th Aug 1866 _ 23rd Oct 1945 also ALLEN THOMAS their infant son 18th July 1889 age 3 weeks and ELSIE CLARA their daughter 17th April 1891 _ 12th Oct 1985
Monument : Headstone/Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
The monument, in the parish area of St Andrew the Less, was cleared by family members in December 2016.
Sacred to the Memory of CLARA NASH COWARD
7th Aug 1863 – 27th Feb 1939
THOMAS COWARD 11th Aug 1866 – 23rd Oct 1945
Also ALLEN THOMAS their infant son 18th July 1889 age 3 weeks
and ELSIE CLARA their daughter 17th April 1891 – 12th Oct 1985
“All things bright and beautiful
All Creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all.”
Relationships: Husband and wife and two children.
Clara Nash Coward (née Robinson) (1863-1939)
Clara was the daughter of Alice and James White Robinson , who are buried in the parish of St Mary the Great. Before her marriage Clara was a teacher.
Thomas Coward (1866-1945)
The sixth and last child of William Oliver and Mary Coward, who are buried in the parish of Holy Sepulchre. Thomas was a tailor. Thomas and Clara were married at the Zion Baptist Chapel, East Road, Cambridge on July 4th 1888. The family moved several times – 1891, Abbey Road, 1901, 6 Brunswick Walk and in 1911, 66 Walnut Tree Avenue.
Allen Thomas Coward (1889- 1889)
His name does not appear in the baptism index, so it is possible that he was baptised in a non conformist chapel. His birth was registered in Cambridge.
Elsie Clara Coward (1891-1985)
Elsie became a milliner.