- A Celebration of Stone Together with Histon Road and Ascension, the two other Victorian cemeteries in the city, Mill Road Cemetery held an Open Day, celebrating all aspects of stone
- 2014 AGM held on 3 June 2014
- Volunteer Day 15 November (Bulb planting and general litter picking) Date: Sunday, 15 November 2015 ; Time: 11.00am – 3.00pm ; Place: Meet at Centre, Mill Road Cemetery
- Clear Up Session – Sunday 6th November 1-3pm A Clear Up session was held on Sunday November 6th where four sacks of litter were collected and useful inroads made into a patch of scrub which Friends were asked to clear by Guy Belcher, City Council Biodiversity Officer.
No photographs available as the rain fell remorselessly all afternoon!
- Commemoration of the Somme: Saturday July 2nd 2016
A short event was held at 8.45pm on Saturday July 2nd in the centre of the cemetery to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Battle of the Somme.
A circle was made of the giant poppies first used in our 2014 events together with T lights which were given to all who attended. Led by Robin ...
- Commemoration of WW1 – 5 and 8 June 2014 Two events were held in 2014 to commemorate WW1
- Dawn Chorus Walk – May 2011 Guy Belcher, City Council Nature Conservation Projects Officer, led a walk at 4.30am to listen to the Dawn Chorus.
- Dedication of chapel outline Saturday January 14th 11.0am The outline in stone of the former mortuary chapel that stood in the middle of the Cemetery has been completed and was officially dedicated at a short service in the cemetery on SATURDAY 14 JANUARY at 11 am.
- Green Day An event which focused on the environmental aspects of Mill Road Cemetery
- Mill Road Men Remembered Names of local men celebrated
- Mill Road Winter Fair 5th December 2015 Mill Road Winter Fair was held on Saturday December 5th. Friends of Mill Road Cemetery lead tours from their stall in the Avenue of Limes at 11.0am (General Introduction to the Cemetery) and 2.0pm (Local people, Local Stories)
- Quiz Night The Friends of Mill Road Cemetery held a Quiz Night on Tuesday 12 July 2016 at The Cambridge Blue, Gwydir Street at 7.30pm
Entry was £2 per person and the top prize was a free meal at the Cambridge Blue.
£270 was raised which will go to the Monument Restoration Fund.
Thank you to everyone who supported the ...
- School Trips Schools trips are rewarding for all.
- St Matthew’s School WW1 Event Year 4 class groups of St Matthew’s School made giant poppies to take to the graves of men commemorated in the cemetery
- Victorian Day An event which focused on the history of the cemetery
- Volunteer day – February 14 2016 Volunteer day 14 February 2016
- Website launch – a musical celebration Choirs from St Matthew’s Primary School and Great St Mary’s Church sang at the launch of the first Mill Road Cemetery website.