CFHS code : HT210
Parish : Holy Trinity
Inscription : In Loving Memory of FREDERICK ERNEST FORDHAM 11 Jun 1862 – 17 Mar 1928 also AMELIA his wife 17 Aug 1860 – 14 Dec 1936
Monument : Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
This set of kerb stones located in the parish of Holy Trinity are just to the south of the south path midway between the central path and the east wall.
In Loving Memory of FREDERICK ERNEST FORDHAM 11 Jun 1862 – 17 Mar 1928
Also AMELIA his wife 17 Aug 1860 – 14 Dec 1936
Frederick Ernest Fordham (1862-1928)
Frederick was the only son of James and Sarah Ann Fordham. James was a cricketer, and Frederick grew up at Short Street (1871) and 168 East Road (1881). By the age of 19 he was working as a solicitor’s clerk and married Milly Constable on 7 September 1886 at St. Mary the Less Church. They lived at 4 Brunswick Walk and then 8 North Terrace (at least 1901 onwards) and had one daughter: Millie Amelia (1897-1988). Frederick continued to work as a solicitor’s clerk and was also a registrar of births, marriages and deaths (1911). He died at home aged 65 years old.
Amelia Fordham (Milly) (née Constable) (1860-1936)
Milly was the daughter of William and Adelaide (née Dickerson) and was baptised on 25 September 1860 at St. Mary the Great Church. Her father was a college servant and she grew up at Little St. Mary’s Terrace. She worked as an assistant school mistress before marrying aged 26. After she was widowed Milly continued to live at North Terrace and died at Addenbrooke’s Hospital aged 76.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this family please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]