CFHS code : PL282
Parish : St Paul
Inscription : In Loving Memory of MARY ANN FULCHER d May 27 1904 Thy will be done
Monument : Stone cross/Kerb stones/Urn
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Kerb stones with a broken cross, in the parish area of St Paul, located eight rows to the west of the central path. The urn does not belong to this grave.
In Loving Memory of
MARY ANN FULCHER
d May 27 1904
Thy will be done
Mary Ann Fulcher ( 29 July 1822 – 27 May 1904)
Mary Ann was born in Hingham in Norfolk and baptised there on 15 August 1822. Her parents were Thomas and Sarah, and her father worked as an agricultural labourer. By 1851 she was working as a cook to the Barrett family and living at 30 Market Hill, Cambridge. She then worked for widow Mary King as a cook, living first in Hillington, Norfolk (1861) and then at 2 St. Peter’s Terrace (1871/1881). After that she ran a lodging house at 34 Hill Road (1891/1901). She was hospitalised at the Fulbourn Asylum on 14 October 1902 and died there aged 81 years. Mary was buried at Mill Road Cemetery on 30 May 1904.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]