CFHS code : PL366
Parish : St Paul
Inscription : In Loving Remembrance of WILLIAM FULFORD b 1 Sept 1819 d December 4 1892 also of MARY his wife b 24 Aug 1823 d Feb17 1899 also MARY daughter d 18 May 1920 aged 62
Monument : Coped stone
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
William Fulford (1 September 1819 – 4 December 1892)
William was born in Islington and was the son of William and Harriott Lucretia (née Welsford) Fulford. He married Mary Welsford at St Mary the Great Church on 22 June 1852 – presumably Mary was a relative on his mother’s side of the family. The couple had at least three children: Rev. Henry William (1854-1931), Mary Jane Elizabeth (1857-1920) and Rev.Frederick John (1860-1927).
William was a ‘manchester warehouseman’ which was a wholesaler of linens. The family lived in London until at least 1871, and by 1881 had moved to Cambridge and were living at 13 Parkside. His occupation on the census of 1881 was still noted as a manchester warehouseman. William died at Parkside aged 73 years old.
Mary Fulford (née Welsford) (24 August 1823 – 17 February 1899)
Mary was the daughter of Henry and Jane Welsford. She was born in London and baptised at St James’ Church in Westminster on 16 September 1823. By at least 1841 the Welsford family had moved to Cambridge, and Mary grew up with her siblings Henry, Elizabeth, Jane, Isaac and Sophia. She married William Fulford when she was 22 years old and died at 13 Parkside aged 75 years old.
Mary Jane Elizabeth Fulford (13 August 1857 – 18 May 1920)
Mary Jane was the only daughter of William and Mary Fulford. She was born in London and baptised at Christ Church, Newgate on 9 September 1857. She did not marry and lived with her parents in London and then in Cambridge. After their deaths she moved to live at 27 Bateman Street (at least 1911 onwards) and died there aged 62 years old.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]