CFHS code : AL168
Parish : St Andrew the Less
Inscription : In Loving Memory of CHARLES GOODY b March   d Sept  1868 also FRANCIS wife of the above d Sept 3 1889 aged 
Monument : Headstone
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Charles Spencer Goody (23 March 1788 – 19 September 1868)
Charles was the son of James and Hannah Goodie (also spelt Goody). He was born in Newmarket, and baptised at St Mary’s in Newmarket on 29th March 1788. He married Francis Cook at St Martin in the Field Church on 19th March 1834.
The family lived in Cambridge and Charles was a draper. They had at least four children: Rev Charles James (1835-1912), Spencer Thomas (1836-1888), George William (1839-1920) and Frances Hannah Spencer (1843-1878).
They lived at St Peter’s House (1851) and then at 6 Parkside (1861). He died at home in 1868.
Francis Goody (née Cook) (c.1806 – 12 September 1889)
Francis was the daughter of William and Ann Cook. She was born in Worthing in Sussex, and baptised there on 22nd May 1808. She married aged c.28 years old. After being widowed she continued to live at 6 Parkside and died at home aged 83 years old.
by Claire Martinsen
Source: Ancestry/Newspaper archives
[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]