CFHS code : HS60

Parish : Holy Sepulchre

Inscription : WILLIAM HALL / remainder illegible

Monument : Headstone (fallen and broken)/Footstone

Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey

Lat Lon : 52.202266, 0.1379817 – click here for location

Hall monument May 2018

Monument

Inscription

WILLIAM HALL / remainder illegible

footstone

W H 1872

William Hall (c.1808 – March 1872)

William was born in Croxton just north of Thetford in Norfolk and married Susan Hammond(1806-1890) on 25 May 1827 in Mildenhall. They had at least two sons: William (1829-1893) and George Thomas (1830-1881).  In 1841 William was working as a groom and they were living at Nine Pins Yard.  By 1861 were living at the Hoop Brewery Yard with two lodgers.  William worked as a labourer (1861) and then as an engine driver (1871). In 1871 William and Susan were living at 3 Smith’s Yard. He died aged 64 years old and was buried at Mill Road Cemetery on 6 March 1872.

Source:

Ancestry

by Claire Martinsen

[If you have any information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]

William Hall