CFHS code : ED96
Parish : St Edward
Inscription : In Loving Memory of CYRIL F KINGSNORTH d May 4 1958 also MARY ANN PARISH d Nov 1 1926 age 88
Monument : Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.203248, 0.13688731 – click here for location
Located about 7 rows east of the west path. The large bush in the neighbouring set of kerbs will mean it is hidden during the summer months.
The inscription is now badly eroded.
Relationship: Grandmother and grandson
Cyril Frank Kingsnorth (6 April 1892 – 4 May 1958)
Cyril was born in Cambridge and was the only son of Frank and Florence Kingsnorth. Frank Kingsnorth was a college cook and Cyril grew up at 168 East Road  and then at 60 Tenison Road . In 1911 Cyril was working as a College laboratory assistant. In 1917 when he signed up for the War he was working as a chauffeur.
On 27th August 1927 he married Olive Muriel Flint [1907-1982] at St Anselm Church in Streatham, London – at that time he was working as a groom. By 1950 he was back living in Cambridge at 113 Mawson Road with his mother Florence. He died in 1958 aged 66 years old.
Mary Ann Parish [nee Pateman] (1838 – 1 November 1926)
Mary Ann was born in Shoredith and was the daughter of Edward and Frances Patemen. Her father was a porter. It is believed that she was working as a servant in Cambridge in 1861 aged 23 years old. She married Seymour Parish in 1864. They had at least four children William Kirby [1866-1911], Florence Harriett [1869-1960], George Ernest [1872-] and Charles Herbert [1875-1934].
Seymour was a gentleman’s coachman [sic] and they lived at 4 Parson’s Court [1871/1881]. In 1891 and 1901 Seymour and Mary were living in Great Abington where he was working as a groom and domestic coachman. In 1911 they were both living with daughter Florence and her family at 60 Tenison Road.
Seymour Parish died in 1915 and Mary was left a widow. She died aged 88 years old in 1926.
[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]