CFHS code : ED94
Parish : St Edward
Inscription : In Loving Memory of CHARLES HERBERT PARISH d Nov 6 1934 age 59 also FLORENCE HARRIETT KINGSNORTH d July 25 1960
Monument : Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.203238, 0.13691613 – click here for location
These kerb stones, in the parish area of St Edward, are located a few rows east of the west path.
In Loving Memory of CHARLES HERBERT PARISH died Nov. 6. 1934. Aged 59 years
also FLORENCE HARRIETT KINGSNORTH died July 25 1960
“In God’s Keeping.”
Relationship: Brother and sister
Charles Herbert Parish (1875 – 6 November 1934)
Charles was the son of Seymour and Mary Ann Parish. His father was a coachman, and he grew up at 4 Parsons Court. In 1901 he was living at 45 Chesterton Road with his brother, William Kirby Parish, and his family – Charles was working as a banker’s clerk.
On 28th September 1913 he married Ellen Hurren at St Luke’s Church in Chelsea. He served in the First World War as a private in the South Staffordshire Regiment. In 1929 he was living on the High Street in Ongar. He died aged 59 at the Ongar and District War Memorial Hospital in Essex.
His wife Ellen Parish died in 1948 in Pulham St Mary aged 75 years old.
Florence Harriett Kingsnorth (née Parish) (c.1869 – 25 July 1960)
Harriett was the daughter of Seymour and Mary Ann Parish. She married Frank Kingsnorth in Linton in 1891. They had one son: Cyril Frank (1892-1958). Frank Kingsnorth was a college cook, and they lived at 168 East Road (1901) and then at 60 Tenison Road (1911). Frank Kingsnorth died in 1919, and Florence was widowed aged 50 years old. She later moved to 113 Mawson Road (1939 onwards). She was still living at Mawson Road at the time of her death, but died at Douglas House Nursing Home on Trumpington Road aged 91 years old.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]