Twelve members of the Cambridge Borough Police Force are known to have been buried in Mill Road Cemetery. in many cases, their membership of the Force is stated in the grave inscription; in other cases it can be deduced from other sources of information.
In 1895, the Force comprised 54 men. The Chief Constable was Charles Edward Holland, Esquire, and under him were one chief inspector, two inspectors, one sergeant & chief clerk, five detective sergeants (Nos 1-5), one detective police constable, and 43 police constables (Nos 6-48).
- Edward Baker police constable; by 1901 a police sergeant and by 1911 had risen to the rank of ‘inspector of police’
- William Bond a member of the Cambridgeshire Borough Police Force for over 28 years
- Albert Brand police officer on the Cambridge Borough Police Force from at least 1887 until probably the late 1900s.
- Annie Carnegie Brown one of the first policewomen.
- Charles Cooper Carter Charles Cooper Carter (c.1835‒1916) was a member of the Cambridge Borough Police Force from 1859 to 1895.
- George Francis Clark Detective Police Constable in the Cambridgeshire Borough Police Force for 34 years
- Moses Free Constable in the Cambridge Borough police force
- Edward Kirbyshire Edward Kirbyshire joined the 9th Light Infantry, fighting with them in the Crimean War. He joined the Borough Police Force in October 1856.
- Lazarus Potter Marsh Police constable in the Cambridge Borough Police Force
- George Pammenter detective police sergeant in the Cambridge Borough Police Force
- Henry Phillips Henry Phillips was a member of the Cambridge Borough Police Force for more than 30 years, probably from around 1850 to 1880 Little is known of the husband and wife whose deaths within three months of one other in 1894 are recorded here other than what is conveyed by the inscriptions. Henry and Sarah must both ...
- Mark Sheldrick member of Cambridge Borough Police Force
- Robert James Thompson constable in the Cambridge Borough Police Force
- Charles Wright served in the Cambridge police force for 26 years, from 1876 to his retirement in the rank of sergeant in 1902