CFHS code : AL370
Parish : St Andrew the Less
Inscription : Sacred to the Memory of ARTHUR RANSON MARTIN d Oct 11th 1927 aged 60
Monument : Kerb stones (broken)
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.202628, 0.13833569 – click here for location
Given the position of this set of kerb stones on the south of the boundary line and because he was the son of Arthur and Agnes who are buried in the grave to the west,it is possible that this grave is in the parish of St Clements. There is no reference in the St Clements burial record and there is no burial record for Andrew the Less for 1927.
Arthur Ranson Martin (24 July 1867 – 11 October 1927)
Arthur was the second child of Arthur and Agnes Martin and was born in Cambridge. He grew up at 1 Bentnick Street (1871) and 45/46 Park Street (1881). His father Arthur was a carver, but later became a publican/grocer at the Plume of Feathers Pub on Park Street.
Arthur Ranson Martin married Annie Ellis at St John the Evangelist, Ladbroke Grove on 14th May 1891. Just before his marriage he had been a lodger in Kingston, Surrey and was working as a boat builder. Arthur and Annie had one daughter – Nancy [1891-1982]. In 1901 Arthur was still working as a boat builder, and was living at 40 Brighton Road in Surbiton with Annie and Nancie.
By 1911 the family had returned to Cambridge and were living at the Blackamoors Head, 205 Victoria Road. Arthur was a publican and grocer. He died at the Blackamoors Head in October 1927 aged 60 years old.
Annie Martin (nee Ellis) died in St Neots in 1952.