CFHS code : HT434
Parish : Holy Trinity
Inscription : In Loving Memory of JOHN WALKER MOSS d September 11th 1923 aged 67 also EMILY his beloved wife d Dec 6th 1936 aged 77
Monument : Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
John Walker Moss (1856 – 11 September 1923)
John was born in Kentford, near Newmarket on the Cambridge/ Suffolk border. He was the second son of James and Elizabeth (née Walker) Moss and grew up in the village where his father worked as a labourer. John married Emily Goodchild in 1882 and they had five daughters: Esther Rebecca (1883-1965), Amy Gertrude (1886-1961), Florence Eunice (18889-1976), Laura Eliza (1894-1953) and Miriam May (1900-1988). They lived at Bury Road in Kentford and John worked as a farm labourer. In 1911 they were still living in Kentford, but by 1920 had moved to live at 9 Ainsworth Street. He died at home aged 67 and records of his death reported he was a jobbing gardener.
Emily Moss (née Goodchild) (1959 – 6 December 1936)
Emily was the daughter of Richard and Rebecca (née Smith) Goodchild and was born in Isleham near Ely. Richard was an agricultural labourer and just before marrying John Moss Emily was working as a dressmaker. She died at Ainsworth Street and her funeral took palce on 9 December 1936.
Parish burial records transcribed by CFHS
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]