CFHS code : ED56
Parish : St Edward
Inscription : In loving memory of WILLIAM G.A. PINDER who departed this life January 2nd 1870 also of FRANCES ANNA infant daughter of the above who departed this life April 3rd 1869 aged 13 months
Monument : Stone cross
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.203116, 0.13721759 – click here for location
William George Abraham Pinder (1839 – 2 January 1870)
William was the son of William and Harriet Pinder. He was born in Sheffield and baptised there on 17th February 1839 at St George’s Church in the city. By the age of 2 years old he was living in St Pancras, London where his father was working as a ‘cutler’ [sic] – ie someone who makes and repairs knives.
In 1861 he was living in Southampton, where he was a dentist training with S A Jones, which he did for three years. He appears to have been in partnership with James Pinder for sometime, as in April 1856 there were announcements in the Cambridge Press that he was now operating alone at 5 St Andrew Street, having previously been part of Hagreen and Pinder. The partnership would appear to have been dissolved amicably, as on 25th June he married Frances Emma Hagreen at Great St Mary’s Church.
Frances and William had at least two children: Frances Anna [1868-1869] and Emma Maria [1869-1939]. William died in early 1870 aged 31 years old.
Frances Anna Pinder (1868 – 3 April 1869)
Frances was the eldest daughter of William and Frances Pinder. She died aged 14 months old.
Frances Emma Pinder [widow of William Pinder] went to live at 5 Kings Parade with her father James Hargreen, who was also a dentist. In 1891 she was living in Lancashire, and in 1901 was a midwife. She died in Cuckfield in Sussex aged 84 in 1931.
Source: Ancestry/Newspaper archives
[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at email@example.com]