CFHS code : AL442
Parish : St Andrew the Less
Inscription : In Loving Memory of JOHN RYDER d February 20th 1895 also REBECCA RYDER wife of the above d [Dec]  aged 79
Monument : Headstone
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
John Ryder (c.1812 – 20 February 1895)
John was born in Little Shelford and married Mary (1808-). The couple had at least three children: William (1837-), Mary Ann (1839-) and Susannah (1841-). In 1841 the family were living in Sawston and John was working as a servant. By 1851 they had moved to live at 28 Adam and Eve Row and he was working as a groom. It is not known when Mary died, but John married for a second time on 11 October 1853 at the Zion Chapel on East Road to Rebecca Morley.
They went to live at 14 Prospect Row and had a further four children: John Francis (1854-1919), Rebecca (1857-), Elizabeth (1860-) and Emma Louisa (1862-1926). John was documented as being a coachman/groom/gardener in the census records and had retired by 1891. He died in 1895.
Rebecca Ryder (née Morley) (1822 – 29 December 1901)
Rebecca was born in Fen Ditton and was the daughter of John and Ann (née Taversham). She already had a son Charles (1844-1912) when she married John Ryder in 1852. After she was widowed she went to live at Leafdale, Abbey Road with her daughter Emma Louisa and her family. She died there aged 79 years old.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]