A survey by the History Group has identified the monuments on the graves listed below as potentially in need of restoration or under threat from ivy growing over them.
Monuments which have been damaged by vandalism are also included in this list.
As it is not always possible to identify the graves overgown by ivy, a map of these graves is attached.
Friends of Mill Road Cemetery and the City Council will, whenever possible, make funds available to restore and repair these damaged monuments.
- Agnes Sophia Westwood Broom; Lily Westwood Broom Inscription : In Memory of LILY second daughter of HENRY WESTWOOD and AGNES BROOM of Cambridge d 19 Aug 1921 aged 44 In Loving Memory of AGNES SOPHIA widow of the late HENRY WESTWOOD BROOM d 14 Feb 1933 in her 81st year
- Hannah Chapman Inscription : In Memory of HANNAH CHAPMAN d June 9 1944 age 73
- Eliza George; Ellen George; Elsie George; Fanny Rebecca George Elsie Overland George (1881-1916) and Fanny Rebecca George (1862-1936) of Cambridge, were sisters. Ellen and Eliza George of Thetford may be relations of theirs.
- Elizabeth Haslop; Thomas Charles Haslop Inscription : In Loving Memory of THOMAS CHARLES HASLOP d Mar 28 1891 aged 36 also ELIZABETH HASLOP the beloved wife of the above d Jul 20 1930 aged 73 erected by direction of the wife ELIZABETH HASLOP
- Isabella Mary Pattinson Hopkins; Nan Hopkins Inscription : ISABELL MARY HOPKINS d June 24 1915 aged 60 also NAN her daughter d March 25 1926 aged 40
- Alice Ling; Charles William Ling; Emma Ling; James Lindsey Ling; James Robert Ling James Robert Ling (1840‒91) was a music retailer at 7 St Edward’s Passage, Cambridge. Wife Emma maintained the firm from his death until 1921. The entire Ling family were deeply involved in music, as singers, tuners and retailers.
- Kezia Buck Saunders; Lucy Saunders; Mary Elizabeth Saunders; William Saunders Inscription : In Memory of WILLIAM SAUNDERS d 26th Jan 1855 aged 52 also of LUCY widow of the above d 10 March 1879 aged 73 also of MARY ELIZABETH SAUNDERS eldest daughter of the above d March 6 1919 aged 87 also of KEZIA BUCK SAUNDERS d Aug 20 196 in her 91st year
- Walter Searle Walter Searle worked at Cambridge University