The firm of J Bowd, stonemasons, existed in John Street in 1867, and at 188½ East Road from at least as early as 1878 to at least 1887. The dates of burial on the known graves in the Cemetery extend this through to at least 1896.
The following graves in Mill Road Cemetery are known to have been built by Bowd (the numbers given here are those assigned in the transcriptions by the Cambridgeshire Family History Society):
St Andrew the Less 134: Jane Gillings (headstone: 1881) [see illustrations]
St Andrew the Less 202: Clifford family (headstone with kerbstones: 1890-96) [overgrown]
— Please help us identify other graves by Bowd in the Cemetery.
By Ian Bent