J Day, stonemason, was located at Granta Place, Mill Road, Cambridge from about 1903 to at least 1910.
The firm was the successor to the 19th-century firm of Tomson.
The following grave in Mill Road Cemetery is known to have been built by J Day (the number given here is that assigned in the transcriptions by the Cambridgeshire Family History Society):
St Andrew the Less 345: James & Lucy Northfield and children (headstone: 1903) “J Day (late Thompson)” [see illustrations]
— Please help us identify other graves by Day in the Cemetery.
By Ian Bent