CFHS code : BE81
Parish : St Benedict
Inscription : In Loving Memory of ELIZABETH TRUDGETT d Dec 13 1916 aged 66
Monument : Kerb stones (broken)
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
This set of kerbstones is located 1 row to the east of the west path in the centre of the parish. Sadly all the corner posts are detached and the kerbs fallen. The inscription of metal letters is intact.
In Loving Memory of ELIZABETH TRUDGETT died Dec 13 1916 aged 66 years
“Until the day breaks”
Elizabeth Trudgett (nee Dawson) (1851 – 13 December 1916)
Elizabeth was born in Chatteris and was the daughter of George and Mary Dawson. George Dawson was an agricultural worker. She married William Trudgett on 14th October 1875 when she was 24 years old.
William was a railway foreman and porter, and the couple had nine children: Rosa Alice (1878-1936), Emily Ada (1879-1976), Harry Arthur (1882-1951), William Ernest (1884-1921), Minnie Edith (1887-1960), Lily Dawson (1889-1965), Constance Ann (1892-1976) and two others who died in infancy.
The family lived in Great Eastern Station Yard in March (1881) before moving to West Ham in 1891, by which time William had been promoted to railway inspector. In 1911 the family were living at 179 Legsby Avenue in Grimsby. Elizabeth died in Cambridge aged 66 years old.
William Trudgett died in 1930 at the age of 66 years old. He died in Huntingdon and was buried in Lincolnshire.
[If you have any information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]