CFHS code : AS153
Parish : All Saints
Inscription : Sacred to the Memory of LOUISA dearly loved wife of CUTHBERT WILLIAMS d July 3 1929
Monument : Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.203448, 0.1367652 – click here for location
These kerb stones, in the parish area of All Saints, are located to the west of the west path.
Sacred to the Memory of LOUISA dearly loved wife of CUTHBERT WILLIAMS died July 3 1929
Louisa Williams (née Clarabut) (1861 – 3 July 1929)
Louisa was born in Brompton, Kent and was baptised there on 24 November 1862. She was the daughter of Samuel and Elizabeth (née Saltmarsh) and sister of Charles.
Samuel Clarabut was a linen draper and by 1881 had re-located his business to Wellingborough in Northamptonshire. Louisa was living at home with her parents and six siblings in that year. She married her brother’s business partner Cuthbert Williams (1865-1945) on 12 November 1891 at All Saints’ with All Hallows Church in Wellingborough.
Louisa and Cuthbert had three children: Evelyn Mary (1892-1980), Basil Cuthbert (1896-1963) and Gwenneth Margaret (1900-2001). He ran a wine spirit business which continued under the name of Clarabut and Williams even after the death of Louisa’s brother Charles in 1897. Cuthbert later acted as an insurance agent for Norwich Union (1906) and they lived at Lindisfarne, Gresham Road (1901) and then 19 Lyndewode Road (1911).
Louisa died in 1929, and Cuthbert married Frances Margaret Stevens (1894-1985) in 1934. In 1939 he was living at 25 Tenison Avenue with Frances and documented as being a publisher.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]