CFHS code : AG40 This is the west face of a double sided headstone the east face is coded AG12
Parish : St Andrew the Great
Inscription : In Loving Memory of FRANCIS BANYARD d Dec 15 1910 age 61 and his son JAMES [HIRST] BANYARD line illegible aged  and of CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH BANYARD d July 4 1939 age 87
Monument : Headstone/Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.202649, 0.13718055 – click here for location
In Loving Memory of FRANCIS BANYARD who entered into rest Dec 15 1910 age 61 years
“In Thy presence is fullness of God”
Ground slab or west kerb? awaiting site visit
And his son JAMES [HIRST] BANYARD line illegible aged 
“He bringeth them to the haven where they would be”
Relationship: Husband, wife and son
And of CHARLOTTE ELIZABETH BANYARD called home July 4 1939 age 87 years
Francis Banyard (1849 – 15 December 1910)
Francis was born in Bury St. Edmunds and was the son of James Spicer Banyard and his wife Catherine (née Hirst) . Francis was a tobacco manufacturer and the family lived initially in Bury St. Edmunds where Francis was baptised on 20 August 1852. By at least 1861 they had moved to live at 70 Bridge Street, and Francis and his elder brother Edward both entered the family business. They were still at Bridge Street in 1871, but had moved to live at 38 New Square by 1881.
Francis married Lottie Flack at Littleport Parish Church on 26 September 1887. Her brother in law was the vicar there and married the couple. They had four children: Constance Eliza (1884-1965), Francis Ralph (known as Ralph) (1884-1957), James Hirst (1887-1916) and Edward George (1889-1965). They lived at 30 & 31 East Road and Francis sat on the town Council (1900-1905 and 1907 – 1910). He also sat on the County Council and for twenty years was a member of the Cambridge Board of Guardians. He was said to have been a very keen rower in his early life and rowed for C.E.Y.M.S Club. He was also a member of the Oddfellow’s and sidesman of St. Matthew’s Church.
Francis died at the Priory Nursing Home after a short illness lasting about four or five weeks. He was 61 years old.
James Hirst Banyard (1887 – 3 September 1916)
James was the second son of Francis and Lottie Banyard and went to the Perse School in Cambridge. He went up to Christ’s College and was then articled as a solicitor to local law firm Whitehead and Todd. After qualifying he practiced in Birmingham and Leyburn in Yorkshire. James served as a 2nd Lieutenant in the 3rd Battalion, Bedfordshire Regiment and died at the front in September 1916 aged 29 years old. He was buried in France and his name appears on the war memorial at Thiepval.
Charlotte Elizabeth Banyard (Lottie) (née Flack) (21 December 1851 – 4 July 1939)
Lottie was the daughter of George and Eliza (née Ellis) Flack and was baptised on 18 January 1852 at Holy Sepulchre Church. She grew up at 58 Park Street, and her father was a painter and glazier. After she was widowed she continued to live at 30 & 31 East Street with daughter Constance and son Edward who had taken over the running of the tobacco factory (1911). She later moved to 5 Claremont (1916-1920), 59 Carlyle Road (1927) and then 109 Hills road (1935). She died in Littleport aged 87 years old.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]