CFHS code : MC16
Parish : St Michael
Inscription : headstone In Affectionate Remembrance of MARY the beloved wife of WILLIAM BULMAN d October 23 1875 aged 56 also of WILLIAM BULMAN husband of the above d August 22 1888 aged 66 footstone MB 1875 WB 1888
Monument : Headstone/Footstone
Above information amended from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.202652, 0.13801487 – click here for location
Mary Bulman (1819 – 23 October 1875)
Mary was born in Cambridge and married William Bulman. In 1851 they were living at Staffordshire Street with their four year old nephew Rouse Bulman and three year old niece Harriet Raby. William was working as a grocer at this time. In 1861 they were still at Staffordshire Street, and William was documented as being a tailor/grocer, with Rouse Bulman as a tailor’s apprentice. William ran a robemaking and tailoring business at 18 Rose Crescent called ‘Bailey and Bulman’ with Samuel Bailey, but the partnership was dissolved in January 1868. William appears to have taken over sole running of the business at Rose Crescent and operated as a robemaker from there. Mary died at Rose Crescent aged 56 years.
William Bullman (1822 – 22 August 1888)
William was born in Litcham, Norfolk and baptised there on 7 February 1822. He was the son of baker William Bulman and his wife Elizabeth. After he was widowed he continued to operate from 18 Rose Crescent (1881), but later moved to 12 Emery Street. William served as an overseer for St. Michael’s parish and also a Guardian representing St. Michael’s parish (1883). He died at Emery Street aged 66 years old.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]