CFHS code : HT70
Parish : Holy Trinity
Inscription : In Ever Loving Memory of EDWARD HARRY CHURCH d 27 May 1947 aged 80
Monument : Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
This set of kerbstones is located just to the east of the path as it turns north in the south east corner of the parish. The whole is in good order but one kerb is slightly out of line. The inscription of metal letters is on the outside of the north kerb.
In Ever Loving Memory of EDWARD HARRY CHURCH who passed away 27 May 1947 aged 80 years
Edward Harry Church (27 March 1867 – 27 May 1947)
Edward was the eldest son of Henry and Ellen (née Baker) and although born in Cambridge, was baptised in his mother’s home town of Olney on 23 June 1867. He grew up at 18 & 19 St. Andrew’s Street where his father ran a chemist shop and Edward also became a chemist and later ran the family business. It evolved to be a chemist and optician and in 1919 Edward advertised that he had ‘received a supply of new and handsome aneroid barometers, suitable for Christmas presents’. In October 1918 an advert in the Cambridge Daily News was placed for ‘lad wanted for tomorrow and next week to take out medicines on bicycle; liberal wages’.
Edward lived with his parents at 1 Lyndewode Road, and after his mother Ellen died in 1933 moved to 53 Glisson Road. In 1939 he was living at Glisson Road with housekeeper Alice Staughton and servant Violet Olley. Edward died at the Evelyn Nursing Home.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]