CFHS code : MC71
Parish : St Michael
Inscription : LMO FRANCES ELIZABETH DALL d June 2nd 1913 also WILLIAM DALL husband of the above d March 21 1937
Monument : Headstone
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
William Dall (1851 – 21 March 1937)
William was born in Cambridge and was the son of Philip and Susan Dall. He grew up at Kings Lane  where his father was working as a gardener. By 1861 Philip Dall was working as a foreman in a copperlite works and the family were living at 32 Northampton Street. Aged 20  William was living at home with his parents and working as a clerk. He was still living with his parents aged 30 years old , by this time at 5 Nelson Terrace, Chesterton Road. In 1881 William was working as a tailor and robemaker.
He married Frances Elizabeth Robinson at St James’ Church, Forest Gate in 1887. They lived at 3 Rose Crescent, where William was initially a tailor and robemaker  and later a book keeper . The couple did not have any children.
In 1911 they were living at 32 Green Street with their domestic servant Clementine Rhodes. William was still working as a book keeper. He was widowed aged 62 years old in 1913. At some point he moved to 40 Milton Road [at least 1935 onwards], and died there in March 1937 aged 86 years old.
Frances Elizabeth Dall [nee Robinson] (16 June 1841 – 2 June 1913)
Elizabeth was baptised as Frances Elizabeth, but appears to have been known by her middle name. Her parents were Tom and Sarah Robinson, and her father was a notable jockey of the time. Her father won the inaugral Prix du Jockey Club in 1836, and again in 1838. Her grandfather John was a trainer in Newmarket, and her uncle Jem was a famous jockey also. Jem Robinson rode 6 Derby winners, which was a record only surpassed by Lester Piggott.
Elizabeth was born in Chantilly in France, whilst Tom was racing out in France. She was his only daughter, and the third of Tom and Sarah’s five children. Her parents had returned to England by 1851 and Tom was running the Wrestler’s Arms at 3 Petty Curry in the census return of that year. Elizabeth helped in the running of the Inn with her parents and siblings, until Tom Robinson died in 1875. In 1881 she was landlady of the Wrestler’s Arms, with her brother John [who was noted as Inn Keeper].
She married William Dall in Forest Gate when she was 46 years old. She lived with him at Rose Crescent, and later at Green Street. Elizabeth died in June 1913 aged 71 years old.
Source: Ancestry/web search/newsaper archives
[If you have any information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]