CFHS code : PL104
Parish : St Paul
Inscription : ARO MARY wife WILLIAM SCOTT d 20 Dec 1868 aged 63 also WILLIAM SCOTT husband of above d 5th Feb 1875 aged 71
Monument : Headstone/Coped stone
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Located in the parish area of St Paul, on the second row south from the south path not far from the Mill Road entrance.
In Affectiomate Rememberance Of
MARY the beloved wife of WILLIAM SCOTT who died 20 Dec 1868 aged 63 years
Also of WILLIAM SCOTT the beloved husband of above who died February 5th 1875 aged 71 years.
” …… 2 lines illegible …… ”
Mary Scott (née Bunting) (c 18o5 – 1868)
Mary was born in Fenstanton, Huntingdonshire. A baptism has not been found for her there. A John Bunting was a witness at her wedding, this could have been her father or brother.
Mary and William married at Holy Trinity Church, Cambridge, on June 4th 1833. Their daughter Emma was baptised on November 1st 1835 when they were living in Eaden Street, Cambridge. Their son William, baptised December 18th 1842, was born in Russell Street, Cambridge which became the family home for the next 78 years.
William Scott (1803 – 1875)
William was born in Coton, Cambridgeshire to Richard and Charlotte Scott. Richard was a gardener. William became a gardener working at the Botanical Gardens in Cambridge, His son William also took up the profession. After Mary’s death William continued to live at 66 Russell Street, Cambridge with his son, daughter in law, Emily, and grandchildren.
William and Mary’s son William (d 1918) is also buried in this parish with his wife Emily (d 1924) and son Frederick Stearn (d 1896) The grave is three rows from the west wall just behind the lodge but no monument has been found.
[If you have any information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]