CFHS code : HT148
Parish : Holy Trinity
Inscription : Anchor symbol In Loving Memory of ANN CRANSTON FAIRCHILD d 17th June 1895 aged 79
Monument : Headstone
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Ann Cranston Fairchild (c.1816 – 17 June 1895)
Little is known of Ann’s life. She was born in Harwich, Essex and had at least one son: William Cranston (1853-1937). In 1871 she was running the bathhouse in Mumby, Lincolnshire (then known as Mumby cum Chapel). Mumby is a village between Mablethorpe and Skegness and it not known how long she ran the bathhouse there. By 1891 she had moved to live with her son William and his family at 141 Gwydir Street. William was a coal agent, married to Julia and they had one son. Also living at the house was Julia’s mother Sarah Parris. Ann died at Gwydir Street in 1895.
William and Julia moved to live in Bishop’s Stortford where Julia died in May 1913. William died in Harston, Cambridgeshire in 1937.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]