CFHS code : CL109
Parish : St Clement
Inscription : In Loving Memory of WILLIAM EDWARD FEARY d Apr 5 1934 ALICE MARY FEARY d Mar 25 1958
Monument : Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.202492, 0.13840233 – click here for location

Monument
Just west of the east path. 7 monuments south of the east west path that runs to the centre circle. The kerbs and inscription are intact.
Inscription
In Loving Memory of
WILLIAM EDWARD FEARY died April 5 1934
ALICE MARY FEARY died March 25 1958
“At Rest”
William Edward Feary (d 1934)
William was born in Cambridge the son of Thomas, a joiner, and Elizabeth. He became a carpenter like his father.. He married Alice Franklin on December 24th 1896 at St Matthew’s church when he was 27 and she was 24. They set up home at 13 Milford St and had at least 2 children Frederick William Thomas (1898) and Florence Elizabeth (1900).
In 1901 His mother Elizabeth was with them
William was living at the family home, 13 Milford Street, when he died at the age of 64.
Frederick W T worked as a clerk for Eaden Lilly the draper, was wounded in the knee in WW1 but recovered and by 1920 was playing in the Eden Lilly football team. In later life he became assistant district commissioner in the local scouts.
Alice Mary Feary (née Franklin) (1872 – 1958)
Mary was the daughter of Frederick and Jane Franklin. Frederick was a coal merchant and gardener. Alice was brought up in Burleigh Place, Norfolk Terrace and Sturton Street. When she married William, she was working as a domestic servant.
Sources
CFHS Transcripts of parish records
British newspaper archives online
by Mary Naylor
[If you have any information further about this family , please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]
