CFHS code : AG325
Parish : St Andrew the Great
Inscription : In Loving Memory of RUTH the beloved wife of CHARLES KERRIDGE d April 11th 1914 aged 60 also of CHARLES husband of the above d October 4th 1927 aged 79
Monument : Headstone/Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.203109, 0.13660259 – click here for location

Monument
Ruth and Charles’s monument with kerb, is situated in the St Andrew the Great parish area.
Inscription
‘In loving memory of Ruth
the beloved wife of Charles Kerridge
who died April 11 1914 aged 60 years
also of Charles, husband of the above
who died Oct 4 1927 aged 79 years
“To fall asleep is not to die
to dwell with Christ is better life”’
Ruth Kerridge (d 1914)
[If you have any further information about this person, please contact us at friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]
Charles Kerridge (1847/8 – 1927) – see also Life Story page
Charles was a bricklayer from Walsham le Willows in Suffolk, who originally worked for builder James Footer of Exning. Charles married James’s daughter, Jessie, and in 1880 set up business in Cambridge with carpenter George Shaw (who married another of James Footer’s daughters).
Jessie, wife of Charles Kerridge, died in 1880, aged 31 and is also buried in this cemetery. On her deathbed she told Charles that he should marry her sister Ruth.
Descendants

Jessie (1848/9 – 1880) and Charles (1847/8 – 1927) had three children:
Ada Jessie, born 28 Oct 1872, died 29 April 1964, aged 91.
Footer William, born (?) Dec 1874, died 10 Oct 1880, aged 5 years 10 months.
Charles (younger), born 7 Jan 1878, died 6 Jan 1949, aged 70.
