CFHS code : MC29
Parish : St Michael
Inscription : In Loving Memory of JOHN MASON d May 20th 1884 aged 56 also of JANE MASON his beloved wife d Dec 25th 1903 aged 78
Monument : Headstone/Kerb stones/Flowerholder
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
Lat Lon : 52.202644, 0.13792671 – click here for location
Located roughly 8 rows east along the east west path from the centre circle and 2 monuments to the south.
In Loving Memory of JOHN MASON who departed this life May 20th 1884 aged 56 years
“Thy will bee done”
also of JANE MASON his beloved wife who died Dec 25th 1903 aged 78 years
“Peace Perfect Peace”
John Mason (1827 – 20 May 1884)
John was born in Fulbourn and was the son of Fulbourn schoolmaster John Mason and his wife Elizabeth. He was baptised at St. Vigor’s Church, Fulbourn on 1 July 1827. He married Jane Brown on 19 September 1854 at Little Saint Mary’s Church. John worked at Gonville and Cauis College and in 1871 the couple were living at 3 Gifford Place off Green Street. By 1881 he was the college porter at Cauis and was living at the Porter’s Lodge on Trinity Street. He died at the Lodge aged 56 years old.
Jane Mason (née Brown) (1825 – 25 December 1903)
Jane was the born in Burrstow, near Horley in Surrey. She went to live at 18 Mill Road after she was widowed and died there on Christmas Day 1903.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]