CFHS code : HT373
Parish : Holy Trinity
Inscription : GEORGE ARTHUR PEMBERTON b May 7 1860 d Sept 3 1915
Monument : Stone cross
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
George Arthur Pemberton (1860-1915)
George was the only son of George Arthur Pemberton (1819-1875) and Maria Phillip (née Haughton)(1833-1877). He was born in Leamington Spa, and baptised there on 7 May 1860. His father was a brass founder who worked in his family business, known as Thomas Pemberton & Sons. In 1871 the family were living at 8 Westbourne Road, Edgbaston with a governess, lady’s maid, housemaid, kitchen maid, butler and coachman.
George’s father died in 1875, and his mother in 1877. By 1881 he was living with his two younger sisters at 21 Beaufort Road, Edgbaston and was described on the census as a brassfounder. He does not appear to have worked in the business for long, as by 1891 he was visiting Suffolk and his occupation was given as ‘living on own means’. He went to live in Bury St. Edmunds and in 1911 was working as a commercial traveller for John King and Sons, seed growers. George died at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge aged 55 years old.
Parish burial records transcribed by CFHS
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]