CFHS code : HT83
Parish : Holy Trinity
Inscription : In Loving Memory of JOHN REDHEAD d Nov 17 1933 aged 71 also of HANNAH wife of the above d Dec 5 1924 aged 65 and of FLORENCE EMILY also wife of the above d Feb 11 1931 aged 64
Monument : Headstone/Kerb stones
Above information amended from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
John (Jack) Redhead (1860 – 17 November 1933)
Jack was born in the village of Wimblington, which is between March and Chatteris and was the son of Thomas and Mary. Thomas Redhead was an agricultural labourer and aged 19 Jack was living with his sister Eliza and her husband Oliver Dring at 100 Russell Street. Oliver was a stonemason and Jack worked as the same. He married Hannah Eagling on 12 April 1885 in Garveston, Norfolk and they had four children: Alice (1885-1978), Ada (1889-), Harry (1892-1971) and Elsie (1899-). The family lived at Primrose Cottages, Cavendish Road (1891) and then 81 Hemingford Road (at least 1901 onwards).
He ran a stonemasonery business with a Mr. William and the advert shown is one placed in May 1902, when they had taken over the business of Richard Buck. After he was widowed he married for a second time to Florence Forster in 1927 and died at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in November 1933.
Hannah Redhead (née Eagling) (1859 – 5 December 1924)
Hannah was born in Garvestone – a village between Dereham and Wymondham in Norfolk and was the daughter of labourer James Eagling and his wife Hannah. Aged 22 she was living at 4 Downing Terrace, Cambridge and working as a nursemaid for academic William Mollinson and his wife Ellen who was from East Dereham. Hannah died at Hemingford Road aged 65 years old.
Florence Emily Redhead (formerly Forster) (c.1866 – 11 Februay 1931)
Very little is known of Florence’s life. She maried Jack Redhead in the winter of 1927 and died aged 64 years at Mill Road Infirmary.
Parish burial records
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have any further information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]