CFHS code : BE26

Parish : St Bene’t

Inscription : JULES LOUIS LABOUREAU  remainder illegible

Monument : Stone cross (base only)/Kerb stones

Above information amended from Cambridge Family History Society Survey

The plinth in December 2020.

Monument

This small plinth is located roughly 5 or 6 rows west of the central path behind a large tree. Very little of the inscription is legible.  CFHS transcribed the surname as La Tour – which actually fits on the plinth better.  The name in the parish burial record is Laboureau.

Inscription

JULES LOUIS LABOUREAU  remainder illegible

Jules Louis Laboureau (c.June 1877 – November 1877)

Jules was the infant  son of Jules and Susannah ( (1846-1926, née Johnson). His father was Parisian and worked as a college cook and had married Susannah at St Bene’ts church in 1876.  Jules was their first child, and they subsquently had a daughter Cecilia (1878-1960)

Jules was baptised on September 5th in the parish of Andrew the Less. He  died at 36 Newmarket Road aged 5 months old and was buried on 21 November.

Jules, Susannah and Cecilia were living at 11 Gwydir Street in 1881. Susannah and Cecilia were living in Mill Road in 1891 with several lodgers. Susannah was a cloths dealer. It is not known where her husband was.  By 1901 Susannah  was documented as being a widow, working at a hotel in Tunbridge Wells.  She returned to Cambridge and married George Farmer in 1909. Cecilia was working as a dressmaker and living at 98 Tenison Road when she married Frederick Drake in 1912.

Source:

Parish burial records

by Mary Naylor and Claire Martinsen

[If you have any further information about this person, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]

Jules Louis Laboureau