CFHS code : BE14
Parish : St Bene’t
Inscription : IM EDMUND WILSON b July 31 1816 d Aug 12 1890 also AMELIA wife of the above line indecipherable In Loving Memory of ELIZABETH eldest daughter of JOHN and MARY ANN JONES b July  18 d —-  [190-] In Affectionate Remembrance of SARAH ELIZABETH MARIA JONES daughter of JOHN & MARY ANN JONES b Feb  1827 d May 1 
Monument : Stone cross (fallen)/Kerb stones
Above information from Cambridge Family History Society Survey
This plinth, with broken cross on the ground behind, is located 2 rows west of the central path and directly behind the tomb of their parents John & Mary Ann Jones. The carved inscriptions have eroded and ivy covers the north & west faces.
In Memorium EDMUND WILSON b July 31 1816 d Aug 12 1890
Also AMELIA wife of the above
In Loving Memory of ELIZABETH eldest daughter of JOHN and MARY ANN JONES born July  182] died —-  1904
In Affectionate Remembrance of SARAH ELIZABETH MARIA JONES daughter of JOHN & MARY ANN JONES b Feb  1827 d May 1 
Relationship: Three sisters and brother-in-law
Edmund Wilson (31 July 1816 – 12 August 1890)
Edmund was born in Burnham in Buckinghamshire and baptised on 30th August 1816. He was the son of John and Catherine Wilson. His father was originally from Cambridge, so this presumably is why he moved to Cambridge. He was resident at Downing Place by 1847 when he was 31 years old.
He married Amelia Jones in 1854 and they lived at 15 Benet Street. Edmund worked as a bank clerk, and they lived with two servants (1861). They later moved to 8 Parker Street where he lived for the rest of his life. His probate records show that he died at 4 Victoria Road, Lowestoft. He left effects valued at £229 2s 6d
Amelia Wilson [née Jones] (20 January 1823 -16 July 1893)
Amelia was the second daughter of John and Mary Ann Jones. She was born in Bury St Edmunds and baptised at St James Church in Bury St Edmunds on 19th February 1823. Her father was a dentist and the family eventually moved to Cambridge. In 1851 Amelia was living with her family at 63 Trumpington Road. Her mother died in 1854, and the same year Amelia married Edmund Wilson. They didn’t have any children.
She continued to live at 8 Parker Street after the death of her husband, and was recorded there in 1891 living with a servant. She died at her sisters’ house 5 Dorset Terrace, Hills Road aged 70 years old.
Elizabeth Jones (26 July 1820 – 1904)
Elizabeth was the eldest daughter of John and Mary Ann Jones. Census records record her as being ‘deaf, dumb and blind’ although one entry suggests that this was not from birth and began when she was 2 1/2 years old. She lived with her family all her life, and did not marry.
After her mother’s death in 1854 John Jones remarried and in 1861 Elizabeth is recorded as living on Milton Road with her sister Sarah, stepmother Sarah and father. After her father died she moved with her stepmother to 9 Panton Street , and then 5 Dorset Terrace  with her sister Sarah. Elizabeth and Sarah were recorded at 13 Lyndewode Road in 1901, living with a servant and a companion. She died in 1904 at the age of 84 years.
Sarah Elizabeth Maria Jones (21 February 1827 – 1 May 1916)
Sarah Elizabeth was the youngest of the daughters of John and Mary Ann Jones. She too never married and appears to have lived most of her life with her sister Elizabeth, who presumably needed lots of help. She was baptised at St Sepulchre on 26th December 1827. She is last recorded living at 13 Lyndewode Road in 1901 with sister Elizabeth. She died in 1916 aged 89 years old.
by Claire Martinsen
[If you have anyfurther information about this family, please contact us at Friendsofmillroadcemetery@gmail.com]